Mizerak Donovan II 8-foot Billiard Table Review
Mizerak Donovan II 8-foot Billiard Table Review
Made from the best quality materials, Mizerak Donovan II 8-foot Billiard would surely not disappoint. Crafted using metal and Slatron, your will surely see a huge difference in every game.
-High grade, even better than some pro tables
-Modern design that will complement any room
-Sturdy and easy to level
-Requires self assembly
-Chrome corner pieces are plastic and not metal
Mizerak billiard tables showcase solid, clean designs with proven value that fit any budget. The Mizerak Donovan II 8-Foot billiard table upholds this commitment as it showcases many specs that will appeal to the recreational player or hobbyist without compromising on craftsmanship. If you’re looking for further information about this heritage brand’s mid-range game table options, this Mizerak Donovan II pool table review is a great starting point.
Table of Contents
Donovan II 8 Foot Billiard Table
Quick Feature List:
- Sleek, contemporary edge adds a twist to neo-traditional design
- 3-5/8" laminate top rails with full profile K66 nose rubber - provide uniform rebound and consistent play
- Red wool blend cloth allows for smooth roll and resists wear
- Metal frame, rails, and laminate cabinet add stability with a classic look for any game room
- Internal drop pockets with chrome corner caps create a modern design
- Reinforced pedestal style legs with chrome levelers offer level and stable play on all floor surfaces
- Available in Slate or Slatron
- Table Includes: cues (2), set of billiard balls, triangle, brush and chalk (2)
The Mizerak Donovan II pool table gives the classic hall style silhouette an update with a brilliant red cloth that sets it apart from traditional tables. The reinforced pedestals are outfitted with plastic chrome levelers for stable play and a clean, timeless design that will give any man cave or game room that wow factor.
The 3-5/8 inch rails have K66 nose rubber in place, allowing for a more consistent and reliable rebound; most other pool table options at this price point don’t make this luxury available.
Slatron vs Slate
Available in the industry-standard slate design (wavering around $1,200-$1,400), as well as a synthetic composite, slatron, (conveniently priced below $1,000), this table plays better and has a more accurate surface when outfitted with a slate bed. If you’re willing to spend a few hundred more bucks, it’s worth the investment to purchase slate, however, if you’re adamant about purchasing a lighter option, read on to the Mizerak slatron pool table review below.
Slatron is a man-made material comprised of resin-reinforced wood fibers. It has a glass-smooth surface that is 20 times denser than particle board (MDF). Although slatron is considered the most durable of synthetic slates, its quality is far below that of real slate, as it has a tendency to decay and warp over time, causing resistance when playing. Surface spills can accelerate this process.
This tables metal frame and laminate cabinet ensures years of durability no matter which bed you choose. The slate surface is the better and more accurate option, though slatron is reliable enough for weekend warriors.
Reviews from Customers on Amazon
Users mostly love the Donovan II series for it’s:
- Fair price point
- Smooth playing surface
- Unique, Vegas-style design
Here are some things you will love about this table:
- Attractive design with a modern twist matches any room aesthetic
- It’s not overly priced and allows the consumer to purchase a slate bed without breaking the bank or having to resort to buying a used table
- The slatron model can be worked into an even tighter budget, and seems to be resilient despite the hypocrisy behind composite playing surfaces
- Users spoke highly of its grade in comparison to professional tables
Here are some things you will dislike about this table:
- Self-assembly is time consuming and difficult
- Tools included for construction are not efficient enough
- Chrome corner pieces are plastic, not metal, making the table difficult to move if necessary and requiring disassembly
When it comes to billiards tables brand is king. The brand you choose will affect the aesthetics of your table, superiority of the materials it’s constructed from, and of course how precise your gameplay is. The Donovan II provides the consumer with two bed options that are friendly to most budgets. As an introductory game table, it has sufficient durability that will be appreciated by those looking to add some fun to their game room. Its laminated cabinet makes the price conservative, and you still get quality K-66 cushions all around – plus it comes complete with all the accessories to get started right away. If you’re looking foremost for a showpiece, this series is a good choice.